We’d like to invite you to a sailing adventure with Bartek Dawidowski across the Atlantic! All those who dream of crossing the vast void of the oceans harnessing the forces of nature are invited to a unique event – a sail across the whole Atlantic Ocean on a fast trimaran. In addition to intimate contact with nature and disconnecting from civilization for a few weeks, we are sure to experience unforgettable moments, emotions, challenges, learn new skills, and walk away with memories for the rest of your life.
Date & Schedule
We start waiting for the weather window on April 24, 2021. We have to cover almost 5,000 nautical miles from Saint Martin in the Caribbean to Poland in approximately 5 weeks. Adding a reserve week and assuming that we will sail out at the end of the weather window in a pessimistic version, we can expect to dock in Poland in the second week of June.
Why not in stages? In the current highly dynamic pandemic situation and rapidly changing restrictions, we must assume the most simplified scenario, i.e. only the start and destination port. If it turns out that we are allowed and have time for a short break in Bermuda and / or, for example, in France, we will definitely make such a stop or stops.
Start: Saint Martin 24.04-01.05.2021
The Finish Line – Poland 05-15.06.2021
We will spend the wait for the weather window on preparing the yacht and exploring Saint Martin and the surrounding islands. You are most welcome to arrive as early as the 22nd for some more fun before departure (hiking, diving, snorkeling, windsurfing, kite, wakeboarding, etc.).
What are the requirements to take part in this unique adventure?
- you have spent some minimum time at sea and have verified that you are not susceptible to seasickness to a degree that interferes with normal daily routines
- you have no health issues that would increase the risk of staying far from professional medical care
- you are ready to spend potentially a month and a half with the same small group of people in the same small space and be able to honestly and openly talk about your needs and problems so that they do not inflate into conflicts
- you are fascinated by sailing, nature, the ocean and you can draw from communing with the elements
- you can cooperate in a group and can get along in the interest of a wider group goal/accomplishment
We expect everyone to be happy to participate in:
- daily and nightly watches round the clock while sailing
- any work needed every day to keep the yacht in proper technical condition
- kitchen watches, i.e. every few days take the responsibility for cooking and cleaning up after meals
- keeping the boat clean and tidy for everyone’s enjoyment and safety
What is special about this cruise, the yacht and the captain?
- high comfort of the cabins and boat’s benign motion at sea – our trimaran has a large living space, and its behavior on the waves is relatively calm due to its very large beam
- the high average speed of the yacht offers the possibility of actively navigating the weather, i.e. selecting the route option that gives the best speeds with the higher comfort and safety margin
- Bartek offers and happily shares his experience of over 30 years of sailing various waters on variety of yachts and nearly 50,000 miles on our trimaran for the last 6 years alone, from him you can learn a some navigation, communication, rescue basics, sail choice and trimming, yacht systems, meteorology, routing and other aspects of ocean sailing and a lot of other interesting, and not necessarily sailing things
- basic satellite connection ensuring the possibility of sending text emails, emergency voice communication, and constant access to the weather forecast and routing calculated especially for our boat – this system also shows our position on a dedicated map / website where everyone can follow our adventures
- lots of different instruments for those who like music (Bartek plays hangdrum and drums, but there is also a guitar, ukulele, keyboard and other smaller instruments)
- fishing equipment
Participation in the cruise:
Contribution for the provisioning and other running costs – € 3250- € 3900 for the entire cruise, depending on the choice of the cabin.Additional costs: airfare and travel insurance (we offer support in organizing airline tickets)
Warsaw – Amsterdam – Saint Martin (SXM) KLM airlinesWarsawa – Paris – Saint Martin (SXM) AirFranceParis – Saint Martin (SXM) by AirCaraibes
NYC / Atlanta / Miami – Saint Martin (SXM) Airlines: Delta, United, American Airlines, Jet Blue
If you feel definitely excited about the idea to spend the whole of May and some more on the water, please contact us directly at email@example.com
Ania, Bartek, Kuba and Julek
Below you can find more videos about our home under sails and more …